UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: Finish the entire AlphaStar Year-round Curriculum in just 8 weeks!
AlphaStar Computer Science Spring Accelerated Courses are composed of two sessions:
- Session 1: April 13-May 9 (4 weeks, no classes on Sundays)
- Session 2: May 11-June 6 (4 weeks, no classes on Sundays)
A course is 4 weeks, 6 days per week (Mon-Sat). In total, there will be 24 classes — 1.5 hour per day. One course is equivalent to a semester in year-round courses (fall / spring). That is, a student can finish a year-round course by taking fall + spring course in session 1 and 2.
NOTE: computer is not provided. Students have to bring their own laptops.
How do you teach riding a bicycle?
- Can you teach with a lecture on the board?
- Or have the student sit on the bicycle and guide with practice?
IT IS THE SAME FOR PROGRAMMING and
USA COMPUTING OLYMPIAD TRAINING
We make them do the coding in-class with guided practice
OUR TEACHING STYLE:
Problem-solving based teaching
We teach concepts through carefully and specifically selected problems.
OUR TEACHING METHODOLOGY:
In a 90 minute session, here is the flow of our typical class:
HOW DID WE SHIFT OUR ON-SITE CLASSES TO ONLINE KEEPING THE SAME QUALITY?
All class times are Pacific Time (PT).
|Part A||Part B|
| Dates |
(No class on Sundays)
|Apr 13 - May 9|| May 11 - Jun 6
Programming with Python
Programming with Java
USACO Silver Basic
USACO Silver Advanced
USACO Gold Basic
USACO Gold Advanced
- SELF-STUDY: Recorded lectures will be available in a few days after the live class
Sample from Eric’s USACO Platinum Lecture:
Live (Interactive): $1050
Levels and Courses
There are five levels as listed below. For more details and diagnostic exams, please click on the course name below.
- Programming: These level is for students with very little or no programming background. The aim is to teach fundamentals of programming and to improve problem solving skills. Note that the focus is not the language itself but problem solving in these courses. In this level, there are four different language courses.
- Programming with Python: CS21A + CS21B
- Programming with Java: CS23A + CS23B
- USACO Bronze: This level is for students who have programming and strong Math background.
- CC25A + CC25B
- USACO Silver: This level is for students who compete in USACO Silver division.
- USACO Silver Basic: CC31A + CC31B
- USACO Silver Advanced: CC35A + CC35B
- USACO Gold: This level is for students who compete in USACO Gold division.
- USACO Gold Basic: CC41A + CC41B
- USACO Gold Advanced: CC45A + CC45B
- USACO Platinum: This level is for students who compete in USACO Platinum division.
- CC51A + CC51B
Please see the AlphaStar Computer Science Program page for more details.
If you have further questions about levels, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org