AlphaStar Academy offers Self Study courses for each subject including the recorded videos from the live classes. Its is a great opportunity for students who:
- want to learn at their own pace
- have a tight schedule that doesn’t fit the regular live course schedule
- define themselves as self-learners
Self Study course material is the same as all the live courses.
For registration, please see the following pages:
Self Study Course Format
Self-Study: Includes full AlphaStar course material except for Live Interactive Classes. Great for self-learners who want to finish the course at their own pace.
Self Study vs Live Interactive Comparison Table
|Live Interactive Classes||X||✓|
|Recorded videos of live sessions||✓||✓|
|AlphaStar full course material||✓||✓|
|Student & parent accounts||✓||✓|
|Online Course Access||1 Year||1 Year|
- Recorded videos of live sessions: The lectures are recorded. Self-study class students will have access to recorded sessions from a past or current live class (within a few days after each live class section).
- Instructional support: Students can ask and discuss questions in the student discussion forum with other students. In addition, TA’s will also answer these questions while the live sessions are on during the academic year.
- AlphaStar full course material: Includes all lecture notes, problem sets, and their solutions that are developed over a decade’s time.
- Solution videos: Most of the solution videos are embedded in the course either as part of recordings from the live sessions or as separate videos.
- Instant Feedback: Students submit their work online and get instant feedback.
- Parent accounts: Parents can track student progress anytime via their AlphaStar parent course account.
Math Self Study Courses
(AMC 8/MathCounts Basic)
(AMC 8/MathCounts Advanced)
(AMC 10/12 Basic)
(AMC 10/12 Advanced)
|MC30B (AMC 10 Basic Booster)|
|MC35B (AMC 10 Advanced Booster)|
|MC40B (AIME Basic Booster)|
|MC45B (AIME Advanced Booster)|
Computer Science Self Study Courses
|Part A||Part B|
Programming with Python
Programming with C++
Programming with Java
USACO Silver Basic
USACO Silver Advanced
USACO Gold Basic
USACO Gold Advanced
|CC24 USACO Bronze BOOSTER|
|CC34 USACO Silver BOOSTER|
|CC44 USACO Gold BOOSTER|
|CC54 USACO Platinum BOOSTER|
Physics Self Study Courses
|Part A||Part B|