AlphaStar Winter Online Math Camp is a unique opportunity for interested and talented students to improve their math skills quickly and boost their exam performance during winter break before the upcoming competition season. As the MathCounts, AMC 8 and AIME are fast approaching, the camp gives students a boosting opportunity to review the materials, practice and master their problem solving skills and learn exam strategies.
Students are guided and trained by an expert faculty via utilizing national and international competitions in a fun and challenging environment.
Two types of courses will be offered during the camp.
Booster Courses: A boosting opportunity for students to improve their exam performance in the upcoming official contests.
- Focus on exam practice and strategies
- Selected topics and skills that are essential for math competition mastery
- In-class practice tests created by AlphaStar Faculty (3 in AMC 8, 2 in AIME levels) and solution sessions
- Exam strategy tips to increase exam score and performance
Fundamental Courses: An opportunity for students to improve their math levels and problem solving skills in one or two fundamental courses of their choice in only 6 days. Algebra, Counting, Geometry, and Number Theory courses are offered in all levels as self-study courses and, as well as live courses in some levels via half-day sessions. These are the same courses as the ones offered in Summer/Fall/Spring courses.
- Focus on mastery of the topics
- Covers all the curriculum (via 12 chapters)
- Homework/Quiz for each chapter (and in-class Homework review)
- Final Exam (not in class)
To see the differences and similarities between fundamental and booster courses please check the following table
|Fundamental Courses||Booster Courses|
|Curriculum||All topics||Selected topics and problem solving|
|Focus||Mastery of the topics||Exam Strategies|
|Number of 90-minute Sessions||12 sessions**||2 sessions x 6 days (MC25B)
4 sessions x 6 days (MC40B, MC45B)
|Homework/Quiz||12 (one per session)||None|
|Exams||Final Exam (not in class)||Practice Tests* (in class)|
(*) These tests are different from the practice tests in the practice test courses.
(**) Live version of these courses are offered at different paces:
- Fall/Spring: Weekly sessions for 12 weeks
- Summer: Daily sessions on weekdays over 3 weeks
- Winter: Two sessions per day over 6 days