AlphaStar will offer Master classes via hybrid model (both online and onsite) in the 2022-23 academic year. The online option is for students in the USA, the onsite option is for students in the San Francisco Bay Area (SFBA). Both onsite and online options are part of the same class. Only students who live in the SFBA and would like to attend in-person classes should select the onsite option. Onsite students need to bring their own laptops to classes to collaborate with other students.
Master Classes prepare teams and individuals for the following prestigious math competitions. In the past, AlphaStar/A-Star teams and students have repeatedly ranked top places in these competitions. Please see the achievements page for more details about past results.
- Harvard MIT Math Tournament (HMMT)
- Stanford Math Tournament (SMT)
- Berkeley Math Tournament (BMT)
- Caltech Harvey Mudd Math Competition (CHMMC)
- Princeton Math Competition (PUMaC)
- Berkeley mini Math Tournament (BmMT)
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) 8/10/12
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME)
Master Classes are free but they require the approval of the course instructor.
Students are encouraged to apply by August 15th. Initial decisions will be sent in late August. For applications after August 15th, decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis depending on space availability.