This course is the first part of Programming with Python curriculum.
- Providing initial programming experience
- Understanding the fundamental programming concepts and be able to implement them in Python
- Boosting problem solving skills
5 and above
Who should take this course?
- No programming background is necessary
- Recommended for students who finished Pre-algebra or a similar level math course
The course content is designed in a special interactive way with respect to the guided inquiry based teaching model.
The course is composed of the following topics:
- Introduction to Python
- Nested Conditions
- Nested Loops
These topics are taught utilizing 90+ programming exercises and 10+ easy former USACO Bronze problems.
In addition, there are 4 fun and challenging game projects that reinforces the programming and problem solving skills.
In the course, there are two exams; a midterm and a final exam.
The next course is CS21B: Programming with Python - B.
It is recommended to complete at least 50% of the course (certificate of succesful completion) before taking the next one.