AlphaStar offers online computer science courses in self-study format. Online courses are recommended for students who are good self-learners. All courses other than Introduction to Programming courses are available online. For course details, please see AlphaStar Computer Science curriculum.
Currently, courses don’t have live lectures or video recordings.
The format and the pace of a self-study course is also the same as an onsite course. In the course account, new problem sets will be available each week in year-round courses and each day in winter / summer courses. Self-study course students will see the same problem sets as the onsite students.
Provided Services in Online Self-Study Courses
The following services will be provided to the enrolled students:
- the curriculum and the course materials are the same as the onsite courses
- each student will have an AlphaStar e-learning account
- students will solve the exercises / problem sets in their accounts at home
- students will submit their solutions for problems which will be graded by the automated grader (supports Python, C++ and Java).
- almost all the problems are former USACO contest problems in USACO Bronze and above levels.
- quizzes / exams will be taken online
- students can post their questions to the course discussion forum
- students will have access to their course accounts at least four more months after the course ends as a courtesy of AlphaStar Academy.